Saturday, August 8, 2009

Come Saturday Morning

So strange to be home on a Saturday. In fact I have the whole weekend off from the shop, oh separation anxiety! So nice to have cooler weather. The peas are all harvested, but there is hay to make if the weather allows. I drove up the road to take pictures of the pea combines a couple of nights ago, but I got distracted taking this picture of a rainbow in the irrigation. The beans are coming along, and supposedly will be gone next week as well. Interesting part of farming is that things are always in a hurry. Hurry to work the ground, hurry to plant, hurry to water, hurry to harvest, always something. Timing is so important in life.


Part of the fun of staying home is spending the day paper piecing and watching my cat "Fuzz" sleep. Now if you are not a cat person I don't expect you to understand, it's ok. But Fuzz is just purrfection on four legs. I have had him for almost two years, and he has a great purrsonality as well as being beautiful.



This is my "Five Years of Fig" honeycomb quilt. This includes all the Fig Tree fabrics for the last five years. When Lissa Alexander came from Moda headquarters last week I received a fat quarter bundle of Mill House, the next group to come from Fig Tree. So I am going to continue on my little "honey's" this afternoon. This isn't a great picture, but it is a great project. Precut goods of this group will be in the shop this week, they are so beautiful.



And finally, this to me is one of the sure signs of summer and harvest, golden grains ready to be combined. However this year, our cool weather arrived at the wrong time, but we take what we get and are happy. Farming is a big gamble every year. Some you win, some you don't, but the rewards are great. We also have lots of new baby calves romping around, and the apple trees are dropping apples for the momma cows, one appropriately called "apple eater" stands and moo's at us when she sees us outside.


























No comments:

Post a Comment