Sunday, August 2, 2009

Whew...


What a week this has been. Record heat, lots of farming, and so much wonderful fabric and so many things that I want to do. This is a picture of some of the fabulous thunderheads that we had this week. This picture was taken on Wednesday when the bank said 110 as I was leaving work. Too Darn Hot! But, on the farm side, there are peas being harvested, combining is happening, and hay is in the field, so there is progress. I love the time of the year when things start being harvested.

I am often reminded that there are "wants" and "needs" in life.
So right now I am trying to sort out the wants and needs to see if they can be blended together to accomplish both things at once. No, it isn't working this morning, I need to do laundry, but I want to sit on the deck and sew.

We had a really nice visit from Lissa Alexander from Moda this week. Lissa is full of energy and enthusiasm. We had lots of questions and she was very helpful. We look forward to starting our block of the month, Green Piece in September. It is a really beautiful quilt that has variation to make it your own. I am even planning on making my own.



OK, I give, time for laundry, then some stitching...

No comments:

Post a Comment