Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where does the time go?

This is a bean picker, doing what it does. Seems like it took forever for things to mature this year, so much irrigating, but now, they are disappearing and there is nothing that makes me happier than the harvest. This hasn't been a great year, just too dry, but as farmers there are no choices, you plant your crop and hope for the best. All I can say is everyone needs to eat their veggies.

So you must know by now that I am constantly obsessing about skies and weather. This is what farmers do. Well here are a couple of beautiful skies (my opinion) from a week ago when the weather was cool and gray. I wouldn't want to live where the sky was a constant of anything, I like variety in my surroundings. Have even been seeing trees starting to turn. Wonder what is coming in the weather department for fall and winter?









Dan and I were sitting out on the deck the other night watching cars go by and stop to look at the field of carrot seed. You forget that it is unusual to see acres of carrots going to seed. It is drying nicely, and I will be sad when it is combined and gone. Not only are they pretty, they have a really wonderful fragrance, who knew? There are also lots of little baby calves bounding around in the pasture making for lots of entertainment.

Now, I am just about knee deep in the new paper piecing, and hope that by August 31st we will have all the details ironed out. In the meantime, I am piecing up a storm and hope to have lots of new ideas to inspire you as well. This has been such a busy summer and trying to get any quilting done has been a bit of a challenge. But that just makes me enjoy it all the more when I get the chance.

Took a short break last week and went to Olympia to spend the night with a friend. We went out to dinner, drank a little sangria, shopped a little and sewed a little, along with a lot of good conversation. Nothing like a getaway to refresh and recharge, even if it is a short one.

Time to get sewing... pictures coming soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment