Sunday, July 7, 2013

Recovery and renewal....

This has been a very challenging year for me.  The decision has now been made to recover, and get over it.  Renew my goals, make better use of my time and enjoy this position that I have in life.  Things are not exactly going as I thought they would, several bleeps on the radar, construction projects so to speak.  There are still mountains to climb speaking only as a metaphor  because that one is not on my bucket list.  But there are things to overcome, things that will challenge me, and hopefully things that when I actually do achieve that I will have that same feeling that reaching the summit awards.

So my commitment today is that each day will involve creating at least a few stitches that will be part of  the fiber of my being.  Helping to create something that will live beyond me, or at least bring me the joy of doing something that will stay done.  

It is interesting that at this stage of the game there is so much left to learn about myself.  
Who am I,  and why didn't I know these things about myself before now?

So in the next few weeks/months while my body heals, it is my hope that my soul will heal and become full again.  I am thinking that there is a lot of joy out there and the important thing is to touch it, appreciate it, and dig for more.  

SO.....today, I am starting a new quilt, paper pieced, of some very happy fabrics that surely look 
like summer to me.  They will make me smile as I stitch my way through my "summer vacation".



No comments:

Post a Comment